Zakat Ul Fitr (in charity)
In Islam Zakat Ul Fitr is (Charity) given to the poor and needy at the end of the fasting in the Islamic holy month of Ramadan. The Arabic word Fitr has been taken from word Iftar, meaning (Breaking a Fast) and it comes from the same origin word as Futoor which means breakfast.
In Islam first of all the amount of Zakat was first preset by the (Prophet Muhammad Salallahu Alaihe Wasalam). And the amount is fixed about 5 pounds of flour, wheat, dates, barley or raisins and some person also pay cash to poor and needy person.
The amount of Zakat must be pay before the end of the month of Ramadan or before the Eid Ul Fitr prayer, Zakat Al-Fitr is obligatory upon every (capable) Muslim, male or female, adults or children, Muslim who has extra foods of their needs must pay according to mentioned in Zakat Ul Fitr or by the household of home on the behalf of his/her self and all family members, dependent.
The (Prophet Muhammad Salallahu Alaihe Wasalam) urged Muslims to pay this charity in the month of Ramadan. The Sadqa (Charity) should be given to the needy and the poor.
The word “Zakat” references in Quran about 30 times and below are some Quran verses regarding Zakat.
Arabic Verse Taken from Quran Surah Baqarah Ayah 274
الَّذِيۡنَ يُنۡفِقُوۡنَ اَمۡوَالَهُمۡ بِالَّيۡلِ وَالنَّهَارِ سِرًّا وَّعَلَانِيَةً فَلَهُمۡ اَجۡرُهُمۡ عِنۡدَ رَبِّهِمۡۚ وَلَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَؔ
Translation in to English
Those who (in charity) spend their wealth by night and day, by secret and openly, have their reward is with their Lord, and their shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. Surah Baqarah Ayah 274
Translation in to Urdu
جو لوگ اپنا مال رات اور دن اور پوشیدہ اور ظاہر (راہ خدا میں) خرچ کرتے رہتے ہیں ان کا صلہ
پروردگار کے پاس ہے اور ان کو (قیامت کے دن) نہ کسی طرح کا خوف ہوگا اور نہ غم
The Below Mentioned People Who Deserve Zakat May extracted Taken From the Quran.
- The Poor: These are the people who don’t have means to live their life properly and live below the line of poverty.
- The Needy: These people are also poor, however, because of their arrogance and shyness they don’t rendering their poverty.
- The Collectors: These are the people who are given the duty of collection of Zakat from other people, however, they themselves can’t afford to live a normal life.
- To Helps Anyone Pay Debt: Those who are in debt and can’t afford to pay it off on their own are also eligible for Zakat.
- In Cause Of Allah: Zakat can also be given to people who struggle in the way of Allah, especially in the form of fighting the usurpers.
- For Travelers: Zakat can also be given to the travelers and wayfarers as they might need the money when it comes to journey arrangements.
- The New Converts: People who convert to Islam are also eligible as Zakat recipients as with their conversion to Islam they need support and help for a new start in life.
- To Free Slaves: The money of Zakat can also be spent on release the slaves as well.
Your feedback and comments just contact Here